PT. Kaltim Methanol Industri is a petrochemical industry producing methanol located in industrial area of PT. Kaltim Industrial Estate (a subsidiary company of PT. Pupuk Kalimantan Timur) Bontang, about 110 kms to the north of Samarinda city, the capital of East Kalimantan province.
PT. Kaltim Methanol Industri (KMI) was established under The Republic of Indonesia Law of January 25th, 1991 as a Domestic Investment Company (PMDN). On December 9th, 1997 this status changed to Foreign Investment Company (PMA) with Nissho Iwai Corporation as the largest shareholder (85%). PT. Humpuss owns 10% and Daicel Chemical Singapore Pte Ltd owns another 5% of the share. The merging of Nissho Iwai Corporation and Nichimen Corporation becoming Sojitz Corporation on April 1st, 2004 made Nissho Iwai Corporation’s share handed over to Sojitz corporation.
PT. Kaltim Methanol Industri is committed to giving quality assurance on the process of methanol production and complying with HSE (occupational health, safety, and environment) aspects. This is confirmed by ISO 9001:2008 (Quality Management), ISO 14001:2004 (EMS Management), OHSAS 18001:2007 and SMK3 (Health and Safety Management) certificates. PT. Kaltim Methanol Industri is also registered as a member of KNRCI (Komite Nasional Responsable Care Indonesia).
Certificate Proper Daerah & Nasional
- Certificate Proper Daerah 2013 - 2014
- Certificate Proper Nasional 2013 - 2014
- Certificate Proper Daerah 2014 - 2015
- Certificate Proper Nasional 2014-2015
- Certificate Proper Daerah 2015-2016
Certificate ISO 9001-2008 & ISO 14001-2004
- Certificate ISO 9001 2008 (Pertama)
- Certificate ISO 14001-2004 (Kedua)
- Certificate ISO 14001 2004 (Ketiga)
Certificate KNRCI & OHSAS 18001
- Certificate KNRCI (Desember 2013)
- Certificate KNRCI
- Certificate OHSAS 18001
- Certificate KNRCI (10 Desember 2015)
- Certificate OHSAS 18001 2007 (04 Januari 2016)